Thursday, December 30, 2010

Another cooking gizmo ...

... with a happy story behind it. Craig ordered me a Moroccan tagine for my birthday. Alas, it arrived in shards. Apparently most of them arrive shattered:-( So yesterday he called Zappos , the company he ordered it from, and told them about it. They were out of the tagines, but they offered him a refund or store credit plus an additional $50 store credit:-O Anyhow, I searched on-line for electric fondues at Zappos and found this all-singing, all-dancing device. It can be an electric fondue, a Japanese donabe, or even a Moroccan tagine! Since it was $52 more than the tagine, Craig had his credit card ready to pay the extra $2 when he called them back to order it. Not only would they not let him pay the extra, but they've upgraded us to free overnight delivery for life! This company just earned itself some very loyal customers in this family! They were so nice about the whole thing! And, sure enough, a very exciting package arrived today:-)

Dinner tonight took about 5 minutes to prepare. I made a sort of taco casserole in my new toy.

A picture of the box. A sliding knob on the side controls temperature.

2 comments:

  1. Actually, it's free overnight for a year, I think. But in any event all Zappo's operators are super-bubbly/friendly and their customer service is beyond anything I've imagined, let alone experienced. Definitely will use them again.

    -- Craig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess we'd better start buying up stuff in the next year then:-P

    ReplyDelete