Thursday, February 15, 2018

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

Yesterday, Valentine's Day, was the 29th anniversary of Craig's and my engagement. We went to Paris for the occasion, and Craig got down on one knee and proposed to me on the banks of the Seine opposite Notre Dame Cathedral. We're sappy that way.

Yesterday, Craig used Google Maps to find the view we had that day:



We decided to eat in last night so I could cook vegan Italian food in my new toy. I made sweet potato and mushroom cannelloni, a risotto with lots of veggies, and a big salad. My new electric pressure cooker makes it easy to prepare soups, chilis, risotto, oatmeal, and stews.



We're going out for dinner tomorrow night for another celebration of the day.

So many cherished memories are floating in my consciousness of Valentine's Days over the years. They bubble up in a happy cloud of flowers, wine, chocolates, shades of pink (my favorite color), good food, fireside meals, wonderful travels, and, always, my adored and beloved Craig (well, usually my adored and beloved Craig -- sometimes he's away on business, but we still celebrate the day in the same way, just before or after.) I love you, Sweetie! 💗💗💗 And more every day!




No comments:

Post a Comment