Sunday, March 4, 2018

Adventures in Asian Vegan Cooking

So tonight I served Air Fryer Orange Tofu , along with a rice concoction I made in the Nutripot. For the rice dish, I fried a large, diced onion on "Sear" until caramelized, added garlic, one red and one green pepper (both diced), and "Seared" the lot for a couple of minutes. I added the juice from a tin of pineapple chunks, some rice, and some veggie broth, and cooked it all in the pressure cooker for 11 minutes. I allowed a natural release for about 10 minutes before stirring in the pineapple chunks and some chopped scallions. Alas, Emma wouldn't eat it, but Laura and I thought it was delicious (Craig is in California.)

For our next Asian dish, I plan to do a peanut sauce (some combination including Thai red curry paste, peanut butter, and a can of coconut milk) and to serve it with cubes of tofu rolled in a mixture of nutritional yeast and wheat germ and baked in the air fryer at 390°F for 10 mintutes. Courtesy of my picky eaters, I'll make plain rice. And then the tofu-hating, sauce-hating contingent can have microwaved Morning Star "chick'n" nuggets (made primarily from soy.)




No comments:

Post a Comment